One of the goals of this website is to share our expertise to benefit our patients.
By visiting this Internet site, you agree to be bound by the following conditions:
1. Only dermatologists or dermatology residents may submit a clinical inquiry. Questions from patients or non-physicians will not be addressed. Those questions, which may be valid, need to be submitted by MD or DO dermatologists only.
2. Users under 13 years of age are prohibited from using this site (this is to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, which prohibits commercial internet sites from communicating with children under the age of 13)
3. You must identify yourself by name and degree (Jane Doe, MD) – No anonymous inquiries will be posted.
4. Please understand that this is an open, non-encrypted forum. If you are discussing a case, please make sure that your presentation is HIPAA compliant without any identifying information whatsoever! If you wish to upload an image (jpeg files only!), please state clearly that you have obtained consent from the patient to use the photograph. The picture will be included only if the consent comment is in place. Please understand that you take full responsibility for having that image, or any other information that may be perceived as a HIPAA violation, on this site.
5. This is a professional website. Please treat all contributors with appropriate decorum and respect.
6. If you wish to submit a question, please place it as a comment in this post “Clinical Inquiries Instructions and Disclaimers”. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY COMMENT UNDER THIS SECTION (unless it is a general question or comment about Clinical Inquiries)! ONCE I REVIEW THE QUESTION, I WILL POST IT SEPARATELY, WHERE YOU (OR OTHERS) CAN SUBMIT A COMMENT. NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS PLEASE! For example, if Dr. Doe wants to know if I, or anyone, has had any experience treating lipodermatosclerosis with hydroxychloroquine, an individual post will be created as follows: Clinical Inquiry from Dr. Doe: Is hydroxychloroquine useful in treating lipodermatosclerosis?
7. Medicine is a rapidly changing field. You must rely on your own experience and judgment in making clinical decisions. Regarding use of medications, please use the most current dosing provided by the pharmaceutical company.
8. The use of this Internet site does not create a physician-patient relationship.
9. This site and its contents are on an “as is” basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind.
10. Neither I, or any contributor to this site, assume any liability for any injury or adverse outcome related to the material and content presented in this website. Should you decide to make clinical decisions based on the information presented herein, you, and you alone, take full responsibility for those clinical decisions.
11. This site is compliant with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that content posted on this site Internet site infringes upon your copyright, please submit notice, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) to our Copyright Agent with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; (b) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (c) the URL of the location on our Website containing the material that you claim is infringing; (d) your address, telephone number, and email address; (e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Our Copyright Agent can be reached by mail at: Jonathan Bick / Kent Anderson email@example.com (Phone: 973.228.5700), Brach Eichler L.L.C., 101 Eisenhower Parkway, Roseland, NJ 07068.
12. The site operator reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time and to change the terms of this agreement at any time.
13.The terms of this use agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey.
14. Thank you for participating in this forum and abiding by the guidelines listed above – it will make us all better dermatologists!